(e-)February Intensive Courses
One course phase within 3 weeks!
With our February Intensive Courses for foreign languages you will be able to cover one course phase within three weeks and receive 2-3 ECTS credits.
- 07.02. - 24.02.2022 (registration: 13.12.2021 - 25.01.2022)
Online: e-Language Courses in our virtual classrooms
Our e-language courses will offer you the online version of the courses you would expect from courses held at our Language Center.
You will communicate live with our experienced and highly-qualified teachers and course colleagues.
The lessons will be just as interactive and comprehensive as our regular courses on campus. Your biggest advantage is that you can now participate in your course from anywhere in the world!
Duration: 3 weeks, 39 units per week
Intensity: 4x/week, Monday- Thursday
Teaching units per day: 4 (Mon), 3 (Tue, Wed, Thu)
Course times: evenings
1 teaching unit = 45 minutes
Regular course fee: EUR 395 per course
Teaching materials are not included in the course fee. They are available at the bookstore Facultas am Campus.
- for Austrian pupils, students and employees of the University of Vienna aswell as the Medical University: 25%
- for recipients of federal aid for students (at the University of Vienna): 50%
- for members of the Alumni Association of the University of Vienna: 10%
- To participate in our online courses you need a stable internet connection (10 MBit/s Download, 5 MBit/s Upload. If you are unsure of the internet speed at your specific location, please check your connection here: https://www.speedtest.net).
- You will need a device with microphone and speakers/headphones and a webcam. We strongly recommend using a device with an (external) keyboard so that you can also perform your written tasks in the best possible way. You will work with word documents and other word-processing programs.
- As virtual classroom, we use the external provider Zoom.
- You will learn in a group of 10–16 students and benefit from personal support by the instructor.
- Please note that the indicated course time corresponds to the local time in Vienna / Austria (CEST/UTC+2). Before registering, please check the time zone difference at your local time and register for the course schedule most convenient for your location. If you need assistance, click here.
- The e-courses correspond to our usual courses on campus in terms of quality, learning progress and personal interaction. Therefore, the tuition fees we charge are the same.
Offline: Language Courses on campus
Our courses are open for everyone starting from the age of 16. As a participant, you will benefit from our numerous years of experience and our highly-qualified teachers
The semester course covers 1 course phase.
For a positive transcript, you are awarded ECTS (European Credit Transfer System):
- 2 ECTS for the A1-A2 levels
- 3 ECTS for levels B1 and higher
The decision regarding recognition (or non-recognition) of ECTS points (credits) lies with your university’s or institutes’ Study Program Administration [Studienprogrammleitung].
Please find here further information on disability-friendly exams.
Prior to course commencement, the Language Center offers cost-free assessment tests.
Self-assessment is also possible, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level descriptions.
Registration can be carried out online or directly at the office of the Language Center of the University.