February Intensive Courses
We offer 3-week February German intensive courses every year. The number of participants per class is 14 -16.
- 08. - 26.02.2021 (registration starts: 07.01.2021)
- all interested individuals aged 16 and above
- students of all faculties
- ERASMUS incoming students who wish to take the intensive course as a preparation for their summer semester
Duration, Intensity, Course Times, Tuition Fees
Duration: 3 weeks
Intensity: 5x/week, Monday - Friday
Teaching units/day: 4
Teaching units/week: 20 (total: 56 units per course)
Course times: mornings or afternoons
Tuition fees: € 435
1 teaching unit = 45 minutes
The schedule is available on the first day of registration.
The February intensive course covers 1 course phase.
We offer 11 course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1/1, C1/2, C2.
On the following days, you can register in person at our office:
07.01.2020 : 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
08.01.2020 : 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
09.01.2020 : 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
10.01.2020 : 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
13.01.2020 : 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
03.02.2020 : 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
From January 7 to January 31, 2020 you can register online to our courses:
- beginners with no previous knowledge of the language, can register to A1/1 courses
- new customers with previous knowledge of the language (starting from A1/2), may register to the general course and take the placement test on February 3, 2020.
- participants who have attended previous German courses at the Language Center, may register via the Customer LOGIN.
Placement tests and registration are available at our office on the following days:
07.01.2020: 1 a.m. - 5 p.m.
08.01.2020: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
09.01.2020: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
10.01.2020: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
13.01.2020: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
03.02.2020: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
No placement tests will be offered from January 14 to February 2, 2020!
The tests last approximately 30 minutes and consist of an oral and a written part. You can register for the appropriate course after the placement test.
No tests are required:
- if you are a beginner of the A1/1 level
- if you have previously attended German courses at the Language Center
- or if you can produce an ÖSD or Goethe certificate acquired within the last 12 months.Please note that in order for the certificate to be accepted the scores for each of the four language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) must be at least 80%.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course certificate are as follows:
- minimum 75% attendance of the total course duration
- participation in the final examination
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course.
Successfull completion of the final examination will result in the participant being awarded 4 ECTS credits. The relevant study program of your university will have the ultimate decision regarding recognition of our certificates.
In case of the student's absence at the final exam or failing grades, ECTS points cannot be awarded. Nevertheless, participants who fulfill the minimum attendance requirement of 75% may receive an attendance confirmation letter from the office of the Language Center.