February Intensive Courses
We offer 3-week February German intensive courses every year. The number of participants per class is 14 -16.
- 03. - 21.02.2020 (registration starts: 07.01.2020)
- everyone above the age of 16 years
- students of all faculties
- ERASMUS incoming students who wish to take the intensive course as a preparation for their summer semester
Duration, Intensity, Course Times, Tuition Fees
Duration: 3 weeks
Intensity: 5x/week, Monday - Friday
Teaching units/day: 4
Teaching units/week: 20 (total: 56 units per course)
Course times: mornings or afternoons
Tuition: € 405
1 teaching unit = 45 minutes
The schedule is available as soon as registration starts.
The February intensive course covers 1 course phase.
We offer 11 course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1/1, C1/2, C2.
Thorough placement tests carried out prior to course commencement ensure participants’ allocation to the appropriate course levels. These placement tests are compulsory for new clients.
Placement tests are carried out when registration for the respective course starts. You can take the test during our office hours (latest possible start one hour before our office closes, no appointment necessary).
The tests last approximately 30 minutes and consist of an oral and a written part. You can register for the appropriate course after the placement test.
You are not obliged to take the test
- if you are a beginner of the A1/1 level
- if you have previously attended German courses at the Language Center
- or if you can produce an ÖSD or Goethe certificate.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course certificate are as follows:
- minimum 75% attendance of the total course duration
- participation in the final examination
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course.
Successfull completion of the final examination will result in the participant being awarded 4 ECTS credits. The relevant study program of your university will have the ultimate decision regarding recognition of our certificates.
In case of the student's absence at the final exam or failing grades, ECTS points cannot be awarded. Nevertheless, participants who fulfill the minimum attendance requirement of 75% may receive an attendance confirmation letter from the Office of the Language Center.