Summer Evening Courses
Our summer evening courses for German take place from July to September.
The number of participants in each group is limited to 16.
- 08.07.2019 - 10.09.2019
- all interested parties above the age of 16 who wish to take a German evening course in summer twice a week
Duration, Intensity, Course Times, Tuition Fees
Duration: 9 weeks
Intensity: 2x/week, Mon+Wed or Tue+Thu
Teaching units/day: 3
Teaching units/week: 6 (total: 54 units per course)
Course times: 5.30 - 8.00 p.m.
Tuition fees: € 380
1 teaching unit = 45 minutes
The summer evening courses cover 1 course phase.
We offer 10 phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1/1, C1/2.
Registration options offered:
- personal registration is:
- available to all participants
- mandatory for all new customers with previous knowledge of the language (starting from A1/2), since allocation to the appropriate course is based on the placement test to be taken prior to registration.
- beginners with no previous knowledge of the language (for A1/1 courses)
- participants who would like to continue (for courses from A1/2 onwards)
Comprehensive placement tests carried out prior to course commencement ensure participants’ enrollment in the appropriate course levels. These placement tests are compulsory for new participants.
Placement tests are carried out when registration for the respective course starts. You can take the test during our office hours (latest possible start one hour before our office closes, no appointment necessary).
The tests last approximately 30 minutes and consist of an oral and a written part. You can register for the appropriate course level after the placement test.
No placement test is required for
- beginner students at the A1/1 level
- participants who have previously attended German courses at the Language Center
- participants who can produce an ÖSD or Goethe certificate.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course certificate are as follows:
- minimum 75% attendance of the total course duration
- participation in the final examination
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course.
Successful completion of the final examination will result in the participant being awarded 4 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) points.
The relevant study program of you university will have the ultimate decision regarding recognition of our certificates.
In case of the student's absence at the final exam or failing grades, ECTS points cannot be awarded. Nevertheless, participants who fulfill the minimum attendance requirement of 75% may receive an attendance confirmation letter from the Office of the Language Center.