9-week-long, morning and evening trimester courses in German are held three times a year: October – December,
January – March and March/April - June. The number of participants in each group is limited to 16.
- 12.10.2020 - 15.12.2020 (Registration starts: 21.09.2020)
- 18.01.2021 - 19.03.2021 (Registration starts: 15.12.2020)
- 12.04.2021 - 18.06.2021 (Registration starts: 23.03.2021)
- all interested individuals aged 16 and above
- Students and employees of the University of Vienna
- ERASMUS-students and students of other exchange programs
Duration, Intensity, Course Times, Tuition Fees
Duration: 9 weeks
Intensity: 2 options
- 6 units per week (54 units per course)
2x/week, 3 units/day: Mon+Wed or Tue+Thu
3x/week, 2 units/day: Mon+Wed+Fri
Course times: mornings, afternoons or evenings
Tuition fees: € 395
- 12 units per week (108 units per course)
5x/week, 2.4 units/day: Mon-Fri
Course times: mornings
Tuition fees: € 695
1 teaching unit = 45 minutes
The course schedule is available as of the first day of registration.
Courses of 6 units per week: 1 course phase per trimester
We offer 11 course phases: A1/1, A1/2, A2/1, A2/2, B1/1, B1/2, B2/1, B2/2, C1/1, C1/2, C2.
Courses of 12 units per week: 2 course phases per trimester
We offer 5 courses: the entire level of A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1.
Registration options offered:
- registration in person:
- available to all participants
- required for all new participants with previous knowledge of German (starting from A1/2)
- beginners with no previous knowledge of German (for A1/1 courses)
- participants who have already attended German courses at the Language Center, via the Customer LOGIN.
Comprehensive placement tests carried out prior to the beginning of the course ensure participants’ allocation to the appropriate course levels. These placement tests are compulsory for new students.
Placement tests are conducted starting the first day of registration. Tests are available during our office hours (but no later than one hour before the office closes). No appointment is necessary.
The tests last approximately 30 minutes and consist of an oral and a written part. Participants can register for the appropriate course immediately after the placement test.
No placement test is required for
- beginner students at the A1/1 level
- participants who have previously attended German courses at the Language Center
- students who can produce an ÖSD or Goethe certificate acquired within the last 12 months.Please note that in order for the certificate to be accepted the scores for each of the four language skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) must be at least 80%.
The minimum eligibility requirements for a course certificate are as follows:
- minimum 75% attendance of the total course duration
- participation in the final examination
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course.
Passing marks in the final examination result in the granting of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) points. The relevant study program of your university will have the ultimate decision regarding recognition of our certificates.
4 ECTS: courses of 6 units
8 ECTS: courses of 12 units
In case of the student's absence at the final exam or failing grades, ECTS points cannot be awarded. Nevertheless, participants who fulfill the minimum attendance requirement of 75% may receive an attendance confirmation letter from the office of the Language Center.
- 12.10.2020 - 15.12.2020 (Anmeldebeginn: 21.09.2020)
- 18.01.2021 - 19.03.2021 (Anmeldebeginn: 15.12.2020)
- 12.04.2021 - 18.06.2021 (Anmeldebeginn: 23.03.2021)